1. A preliminary telephone consultation or referral email will take place, to discuss current vacancies and prospective of people we support's
2. Completion of an Empowering Care internal assessment form, in order to assess risk and support needs and how soon the person we support needs to be placed, by the placing authority. The Empowering Care internal assessment form, is then evaluated internally by Empowering Care management.
3. The placing Local Authority to send over the following;
• An Empowering Care internal assessment form mandatory
• A risk assessment (completed by local authority) mandatory
• An essential information handover
• Placement Proforma
4. Agreement on funding arrangements for the placement.
5. An Empowering Care will then invite the person we support to attend an initial visit to the placement (accompanied by a professional). The person we support will be given opportunity to tour unit to see his/her new potential living space.
6. Upon the person we support’s arrival at the placement to move in, he /she will receive an induction which will include;
• Agreeing to house rules (Handbook guide)
• Signing license agreement (Tenants)
• Completing risk management plan
• Booking first key work session, which should take place within 48 hours of moving into the placement in, order to complete the support plan.